Around 10 percent of the plastic waste in the oceans comes from fishing. Every year an estimated 640,000 tonnes of nets and other equipment are left in the waters. Part of this waste, which is collected in landfills and then recycled, is used to make our sustainable Micro kids scooters. The footplate and brake of the Mini Micro Deluxe ECO are made from recycled fishing nets and other plastic waste that would have ended up in the sea sooner or later. Furthermore, the product has the same features as the popular Mini Micro Deluxe: the patented steering system by shifting weight promotes balance and motor skills, the handlebar can be optimally adjusted to the size of the child and the non-slip silicone footplate ensures support and safety on the scooter.
Q. Is the Maxi Micro Deluxe Scooter right for my child?
A: The three wheeled scooter has been ingeniously designed for children aged 6 to 12 and can now withstand a weight of up to 70kg. Whether your child has outgrown their Mini Micro Scooter or is completely new to scooting, the Maxi Micro Deluxe is the perfect set of wheels for your child. The height of the handlebar is adjustable so the scooter will grow with your child. With three sturdy wheels and innovative ‘lean to steer’ style scooting your child’s balance and co-ordination will improve as they ride.
Q. What is different about the Maxi Micro Deluxe scooter?
A: The new Deluxe scooter is now suitable for children weighing up to 70kg. This means a child can enjoy using the scooter for longer. In addition, the anodised stem on the scooter protects from corrosion as well as looking fantastic. Finally, the new embossed deck grip is a fantastic benefit as well as making the scooter stand out from the crowd. What hasn’t changed is the impeccable Swiss design and engineering you would expect from a Micro crafted product.
Q. What height are the adjustable handlebars?
A: The Maxi Micro Deluxe handlebars can be adjusted from 67 to 91cm, making the scooter suitable for children 110 to 160cm in height. The adjustable handlebar means that your child can use their Maxi Micro Deluxe for several years so you needn’t worry about buying a replacement.
Q. Does the Maxi Micro Deluxe fold?
A: Yes, the Maxi Micro Deluxe has both foldable and non-foldable version. For the non-foldable, the handlebar can be removed quickly from the base making it easy to store and transport.
For the Maxi/Mini Micro
1. Before you allow your child to use the Maxi/Mini Micro, ensure that the steering rod is fully engaged and that all the screws are tight. Also ensure that the wheels have been correctly secured and that they show no signs of wear. Adult assembly is required or proper assembly must be checked by an adult before use.
2. Warning: Protective equipment should be worn. Ensure that your child always wears a helmet, and wrist, elbow and knee pads, as well as shoes with rubber soles. 3. Ensure that your child does not ride down any steep hills. The brake is not designed to decelerate from high downhill speeds.
4. The brake pad becomes hot when it is used. Make especially sure that your child does not keep the brake on for a long period of time. Explain to your child that direct skin contact may cause burns. 5. Do not allow your child to travel at speeds exceeding 5km/h.
6. Ensure that your child does not ride on roads, paths or vehicles with motor vehicle traffic. 7. Always observe traffic regulations and laws. The Maxi/Mini-Micro may not be used on public roads. 8. Only one child may ride on the Maxi/Mini-Micro at one time. 9. Never allow your child to ride the Maxi/Mini-Micro at dusk or at night.
10. The Maxi/Mini-Micro must not be used on wet, oily, sandy, dirty, icy or rough or uneven surfaces.
11. Never use the Maxi/Mini-Micro in wet conditions.
12. Your child should practice first to gain control of the vehicle. Ensure that your child does not attempt any experiments or risky manoeuvres with it. Riding style should always be adjusted to the personal skill of the rider.
13. Do not make any modifications to your scooters. If you do, the guarantee is expired. 14. Load capacity is up to 20kg body weight for the Mini Micro, respectively up to 50kg body weight for the Maxi Micro. 15. Suitable for children up to approx.110cm in height for the Mini Micro and approx.150cm in height for the Maxi Micro.
16. IMPORTANT: Undoing the axle screws several times will reduce the effect of the screw securing product. This means that the screws may come loose by themselves. You should therefore always use a conventional screw securing product.
1. Only use the Maxi/Mini-Micro with the steering rod fully engaged.
2. Like cycling, skateboarding and inline skating, riding the Maxi/Mini-Micro is not totally safe even in perfect conditions and can lead to accidents.
3. Always make sure that your child wears a safety-approved helmet to ride the scooter. Falling off the mini-respectively the Maxi-Micro without such safety precautions may cause serious or even fatal accidents. Warning: Protective equipment should be worn.
4. In wet conditions there is a major risk of slipping. Do not use the Maxi/Mini-Micro in these circumstances.
5. Riding at duck, at night or in poor visibility is very dangerous and increase the risk of accidents and injury.
6. Ensure that your child always wears safety equipment. In addition to the recommended safety equipment, your child should wear bright, reflective clothing.
7. Caution – the brake pad becomes hot when used.
8. Not for children with a body weight of more than 20kg/50kg.
9. Warning: Not suitable for children under 36 months due to small parts.
10. The toy shall be used with caution, to avoid falls or collisions causing injury to user and third parties.
11. Some metal parts may corrode after a certain time, especially when used near the sea or left outdoors to often in wet conditions.