Light, small and simple as possible.
The Micro Sprite Deluxe is a reinvention of the world's first folding aluminium scooter. Reimagined for the next generation of riders. This Deluxe version features an integrated front light (constant and flashing settings) for the best visibility on darker days. A longer brake with inbuilt reflectors for bigger feet and added safety. The wider, curved handlebar makes it easier to balance and gives greater control. The fully adjustable handlebar now extends even higher to suit taller riders. With clever one click folding for easy storage or transportation. Thoughtfully designed and superiorly engineered for taller children and teenagers. The Micro Sprite is the perfect partner for those who want to continue to experience the thrill of scooting for years to come.
Q. Is the Micro Sprite Scooter right for my child?
A: If your child is eager for a 2 wheeled scooter then we think the Micro Sprite is simply the best choice for them. Not only is the scooter lightweight making it easy for your child to manage it is Swiss designed and engineered meaning the quality of the scooter is in a class of its own. The superior build quality of the Micro Sprite means the scooter will last longer and is much more manageable for a child to use. Because the Sprite has 2 wheels children will need to have a certain element of balance in order to use the scooter – we find most children have this inherently. Simply put, the Sprite is an exceptional, long lasting, value for money scooter for 5-12 year olds.
Q. What height are the adjustable handlebars?
A: The handlebars of the Micro Sprite Scooter can be extended from 64cm to 93cm. The adjustable handlebars makes the scooter easier to store and will ensure years of fun as your child grows.
Q. Is the Micro Sprite Scooter easy to fold?
A: Absolutely! The outstanding Micro Sprite Scooter can be folded quickly and easily. This innovative design feature allows for simple transportation and compact storage.
Q. How does the Micro Sprite scooter steer?
A: The Micro Sprite has 360 degree turning meaning your child steers the scooter like a bike – turning the handlebars in the direction they want to go. The Micro Sprite also has an adjustable handlebar height (starting out at 65cm and going to 95cm high). This means the scooter will grow with your child.
Q. What else do I need to know about the Micro Sprite?
A: The size of the scooter unfolded measures L69cm x H96cm x W34cm. When folded the scooter measures L66cm x H25cm x W10cm. You can see the Sprite is not a cumbersome scooter rather its lightweight yet strong aluminium frame allows for easy storage and transportation. The footplate is 48cm long – more than enough space for a growing child’s feet. The wheels of the Micro Sprite scooter are made from 87o ShoreA polyurethane which means the wheels are extremely solid. The higher the number the more resistance the wheels have to indentation and wear. The Micro Sprite scooter wheels use ABEC 5 bearings, measure 120mm at the front and 100mm at the rear.
Q. Tell me the things I need to know about the Micro Sprite scooter?
A: The Micro Sprite scooter is suitable for children weighing up to 100kg / 15stone 10lb. The scooter itself weighs 2.7kg/5.9lbs. Swiss designed and engineered the Micro Sprite is the perfect solution for those children eager for a 2 wheeled scooter.
For the Scooters
1. Always check over your micro® scooters prior to riding, and make certain that all clamps, folding handles, bolls and screws are tightened proper, also check the wheels for wear and tightness and make sure that the steering column is securely held in the proper position.
2. Always wear a helmet, wrist-pads, elbow-pads, knee-pads and shoes with rubber soles when riding the micro® scooters.
3. Avoid riding downhill, as the integrated break does not offer reliable protection on slopes. The brake is not designed for downhill rides!
4. The folding mechanism should only be operated by an adult.
5. The brake fender does get hot – do not touch after braking. Avoid braking for long stretches.
6. Do not exceed the maximum speed of 10km/h (6,2 MPH)
7. Avoid roads, paths or other areas used by cars.
8. Always follow the traffic rules and guidelines in your area.
9. Never ride with more than one person on a micro® scooters.
10. Never ride a micro® scooters at dusk or night.
11. Do not use your micro® scooters on wet, oily, sandy, icy, rough or uneven surfaces.
12. Do not stunt ride – know your abilities and limits and always ride with control.
13. Do not apply any alterations to your micro® scooters which would affect your safety.
14. Carrying capacity 100kg (220lbs).
15. Frequent change of wheels can cause the Loctite to become ineffective and must be reapplied.
16. Self-locking nuts and other self-locking fixings may lose their effectiveness when opened and tightened a couple of times.
To avoid it please change these parts after open and tighten it twice.
Like cycling, skateboarding and in-line skating, riding a micro® scooters can be dangerous even under the best of circumstances. Serious injury or even death is possible. Always wear an approved helmet when riding your micro® scooters. Keep the chinstrap securely buckled. Failure to wear an approved helmet may result in serious injury or death. Wet weather impairs traction, braking and visibility. The risk of accidents and injury is dramatically increased in wet conditions.
Riding at dusk, after dark, or at times of poor visibility is dangerous and can result injury or death. Please keep your fingers out of the folding mechanism while folding or unfolding your micro® scooters.
Children should only use the micro® scooters only under adult supervision. The folding mechanism should only be used by an adult.
The note indicating self-locking nuts and other self-locking fixing may lose their effectiveness was missing from the instruction manual.